The Across the Bar Committee publishes Across the Bar, the official publication of the San Joaquin County Bar Association. The Across the Bar is published quarterly. Deadline for all articles and advertising is the 1st of the month prior to month of issue.
The Across the Bar alerts SJCBA members to local court issues, local legal news; provides an advertising venue for members and non-members to reach the local legal audience; and provides educational opportunities through both published self-study MCLE courses and notices for live MCLE events. The purpose of the publication is to keep our members informed of all important events and developments in our community, including job opportunities, and opportunities to be involved in the legal community.
Among other matters, Across the Bar covers:
- MCLE Master Series - January
- New Lawyers' Reception - February
- Law Day - May (Programs, Law Day Award luncheon and Educational Program)
- Annual Meeting of the Bar Association members - November
- Milestones Event of the Bar Foundation - Every 10 years - 1989, 1999, 2009, 2019
- Court events - Swearing-in, Receptions, Judicial Assignments
- Annual law changes
- Calendar of Committee & Section Meetings & Events
- Committee & Section MCLE programs
- MCLE Self-study courses
The Across the Bar committee is always looking for articles, MCLE self-study articles, photographic material to be featured on our cover, and advertising. If you are interested in sharing your knowledge by writing an article or developing a MCLE self study for publishing, review our Writers' Guidelines and then contact the editor or submit an outline or an article at .
The Committee reserves the right to edit articles. For submission of photographic material for the cover, please contact the communications coordinator. Unless otherwise specified, the publication of any announcement or statement is not deemed to be an endorsement by the San Joaquin County Bar Associaiton of the views expressed therein, nor shall the publication of any advertisement be considered an endorsement by the Bar of the product or service involved.