The MCLE Committee is responsible for overseeing the Minimum Continuing Legal Education Program. All MCLE events and self-study courses (mostly in Across the Bar) are approved by the Committee. The San Joaquin County Bar Association is a State Bar approved MCLE provider. Download the MCLE Proposal Form here.
- Sponsors MCLE Programs of interest
- Assists Sections and Committees in selecting relevant topics and avoiding conflicts and repetition
- Insures MCLE compliance with State Bar regulations/monitors the Bar Association's provider status
- Maintains the Bar Association's MCLE audio and video tape library
Sponsor an MCLE:
Whether you are an individual, a firm, or a Section that wants to offer or propose an MCLE event, just submit your complete proposal 60 days prior to the event. A complete proposal includes: Proposal, Proposed Budget, Flyer and Staff Task Delegation.
Please note that the minimum charge for SJCBA staffing is $250.00 per event. This fee covers registration, arranging food orders, preparing MCLE receipts, tracking registrations and State Bar required record keeping.
Organizing an MCLE Program includes:
- MCLE Rate Sheet
- MCLE Proposal - summarizes program including subject, instructor, and summaries of other required information
- MCLE Estimated Proposed Budget - pro forma schedule of expected income and expenses
- MCLE Staff/Section Task Delegation - identifies persons to complete required tasks
- MCLE Flyer Sample (editable)