The Bar Foundation carries out the charitable activities of the Bar Association through law related and community public service projects.
Bar Foundation Committee:
- Richard Oliver, Chair - ">
- The Bar Foundation provides opportunities for legal education and to promote public understanding of our legal system. Held only once each decade, its decennial Milestones Event honors attorneys practicing law in San Joaquin County for 30 years or more.
Some of our recipients:
- Hugh Wright Award. This award recognizes two high school students for writings promoting the law
- Cost of transportation for Law Day students to the educational program
- Cost of bus trip to Superior Court Youth Academy field trips
- Cost of transportation for Youth Leadership Program
- Support of the Mediation Center of San Joaquin County
Fund Raising Activities:
The Bar Foundation raises money from various events and sponsorships throughout the year, including a donation from the annual San Joaquin County Bar Association dues, dinners, wine tastings and other activities, as well as sponsorships.
The Bar Foundation is a 501(c)(3) Tax Exempt charity for income tax purposes and accepts charitable donations in any amount. Donations to the Foundation are tax deductible.
Sponsorships are especially welcome for the Law Day events held during the first week of May each year as the Bar Foundation provides the transportation for the Law Day educational program.
Memorial gifts to the Foundation provide an appropriate means to honor the memory of a family member, friend, or business associate.
Please make your donations payable to the San Joaquin County Bar Foundation and mail to 20 N. Sutter Street, Suite 300, Stockton, California 95202; or you can make a donation using your credit or debit card.